The Alfred Range: Explosionproof ATEX safety switches
The new Alfred range of safety switches from Fortress Interlocks has been specially developed for the most extreme industrial conditions. These modular heavy-duty stainless steel switches have a specially developed explosion-proof housing which is tested and certified for explosive environments according to Ex (ATEX), IECEx, CCC and SGS US.
The Alfred explosion-proof safety switches and interlocks are specially designed for applications where there is a risk of explosion. The robust modular explosion proof safety switches in the Alfred range are suitable for ATEX zone 1 / 21 / 2 / 22.
The modular structure of the Alfred Range allows for easy configuration. An Alfred interlock can be configured from a selection of actuator modules (including an escape hatch possible in conjunction with the Ex-switch module), main modules and can include up to three key adapters, all of which can be mounted above an Ex-switch module. This makes Alfred the most adaptable Ex interlock on the market.
The explosion-proof safety switches can also be equipped with personal safety keys, an emergency release and various door closures. This makes it possible to create fully electro-mechanical safety solutions, suitable for use in SIL3 (EN/IEC 62061), Category 4 (EN 954-1) and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1) applications.
The Alfred series is a very robust range of safety switches. The housings are made of robust stainless steel with a maximum resistance of 7,000 N. With an additional IP69 certification, the sealing protection makes the Alfred perfect for all harsh dusty environments and heavy-duty applications or applications that require frequent cleaning.
Specifications of the explosion-proof safety switches
- Protection class IP67 and IP69K
- Suitable for Ex Zone 1 / 21 / 2 / 22/ (Ex II 2 G/D)
- Can be used up to T6 temperature classification (NEC 505 CEC 18
ATEX / IECEx)
- Operating temperature of -20ºC to +60ºC
- Wide alignment tolerance of 24 mm
- Determine your own configuration thanks to the modular construction
- The safety keys prevent the danger of being locked in (with or without compulsory key removal)
- Combine with fully mechanical door interlocks (amGard S40) for Ex Zone 0, Zone 20 or Division 1 applications.
- Ergonomic stainless steel operating handle
We also have a selection of safety switches available on our webshop www.machinesafety-shop.com.