Modular explosion proof safety interlocks
Alfred modular heavy duty explosion proof stainless steel safety interlocks
Alfred robust modular explosion-proof safety switches suitable for Atex zone 1/ 21 / 2/ 22.
Use our Alfred safety interlock switches and interlocks for Ex Zone 1 / 21 / 2 / 22 applications.
Due to its modular built it’s possible to add safety keys, escape release and different actuator options to explosion proof safety interlock switch bodies. In this way full elektro-mechanical safety solutions can be configured for use in SIL3 (EN/IEC 62061), Cat, 4 (EN 954-1) and PLe (EN/ISO 13849-1) applications.
- Ingress protection up to IP67 and IP69K
- Suitable for Ex Zone 1 / 21 / 2 / 22 (Ex II 2 G/D)
- Can be used up to T6 temperature rating (NEC 505 CEC 18
ATEX / IECEx)
- Ambient temperature (tamb) -20ºC tot +60ºC
- Large alignment tolerance of 24 mm
- Modularity for customized configurations
- Safety keys prevent hazard of entrapment (with or without mandatory key removal)
- Combine with mechanical trapped key interlocks (amGard S40) for Ez Zone 0, Zone 20, or Division 1 applicatoins.
- Ergonomic INOX operation handle
Question about Alfred?
Do you want to be sure that the Alfred explosion safe safety interlock
safety switch is the right solution for your application?
Aflred range safety interlocks are specially designed for the most extreme industrial environments.
Alfred safety components are fully 316 stainless steel, suitable for Ex zones 1 / 21 / 2 /22, Max. surface temperatures up to +85ºC (T6), ingress protected to IP67 and IP69K, and able to withstand 10.000N retention force. This is the safety door interlock for applications where all others fail.
Suitable for Ex Zone 1 / 21 / 2 / 22
The explosion proof safety switch body is specially desgined for it purpose. tested and certfied by a 3rd party notified body complying with Ex (ATEX), IECEx, CCC and SGS US.
- Ex II 2 G (flammable gas, EU and UK)
- Ex II 2 D (combustible dust, EU and GB)
- Ex dB h IIC T6 Gb IP67 (flammable gas, regions with IECEx regulations)
- Ex tB h IIIC T6 Db IP67 (combustable dust, regions with IECEx regulations)
Combine with trapped key solutions
Due to its modular design Alfred safety interlock can easily be combined with key interlocks and door locks of the amGard S40 product range for maximum flexibility.
The modularity also allows for the replacement of defect head units, actuators and key modules without the need for replacing the safety switch body.
The new Alfred range of safety switches from Fortress Interlocks has been specially developed for the …