RFID safety switch with lock PROTON
Secure your machines even while they are switched off. With Mechan Controls’ Proton RFID switch, everyone is protected even when there is no power on machines.
Mechan Controls has designed the Proton Advance Solenoid interlock for use on machines that remain dangerous even after being switched off. The Proton operates on the “power-to-unlock” principle only when power is turned on does the interlock unlock.
The Mechan Controls solenoid interlock features a powerful locking machinism, this machinism can withstand up to 2000 Newton. The Proton has TÜV SUD approval and is suitable for use in EN ISO 13849-1, category 4, PLe (SIL3) applications.
Each switch amounts to 2 normally open and 1 normally closed output, which must be connected to a Mehcan Safety Relay (SRL-1 or EM1 & ESM) or a Safety PLC. Also, the Proton’s failsafe design includes a unique coded RFID signal, with as many as 4,000 codes. The Proton has excellent tolerance for inaccurate alignment, thanks to its actuator.
The Proton RFID switch features:
- RGB indication – visible from all angles
- Self-aligning actuator with uniquely coded RFID
- Emergency release keys on three sides
- Locking mechanism that has a holding force of 2000N
- Substantial alignment tolerance (15 degrees)
- External device monitoring with an output power of 2A
- Fully sealed IP67 and IP69K